Voting Rules and Regulations
"GLOBAL INDIAN FILM AND TV HONOURS (POLL)" ("Poll") is organized by Balaji Telefilms Limited ("Organizer") as stated hereunder:
- The Poll shall commence from January 31, 2011 at 06:00 hours upto February 4, 2011 at 22:00 hours ("Period").
- The Organizers will promote the Poll on their website and on such other media, as deemed fit by the Organizer, whereby the interested persons will be asked to vote for their favorite nomination(s) under the following categories (i) Best Film and/or (ii) Best Actor Male and/or (iii) Best Actor Female and/or (iv) Best Actor Lead Role – Female and/or (v) Best Actor Lead Role – Male and/or (vi) Best Fiction Series and/or (vii) Best Non Fiction Show ("Category(ies)"). The keyword for the Categories are as mentioned above.
- The Organizers have set nominations for each of the Categories. The interested voters will have to choose their favorite nominees in order to cast their vote to their favorite nominees under the respective Categories of their choice. The nominations for the respective Categories alongwith their keywords are as above.
- The voters interested in casting his/her vote for the Categories, should send a SMS in the following manner:
SMS space to 56882. Voter(s) must vote for only those nominees and in the manner as stated above.
Viacom18 Media Private Limited ("Viacom18") and/or the Organizers shall be not be liable/responsible for any unclear/wrong SMS's sent by the voter(s). Any SMS received which is not in the above mentioned format, shall be discarded and shall not be taken into account at the time of computing the votes received by each of the nominees in the respective Categories. No claims in this regard shall be entertained by Viacom18 and/or Organizers.
- The voters whose mobile operators allow/support this Poll will only be able to participate in this Polling activity. All SMS's shall be charged at a premium rate, as may be charged by the respective mobile operator.
- The Organizers and/or Viacom18 shall not be responsible in case of any network problem and/or the costs charged by the mobile operator. Any dispute in connection to the same shall be settled directly between the subscriber and the mobile or landline operator without involving Viacom18.
- In case of telecom and/or network failure and/or for any reasons whatsoever, Organizers reserves the right to change the voting system/mechanism and/or cease from accepting votes of the viewers for any and/or all the Category(ies), or take such necessary steps as it may deem fit.
- Votes sent by the viewer(s) for their favorite Category(ies) after the Period stated above shall not be considered and shall be invalid.
- Viacom18 shall provide the entire dump of SMS received pertaining to this Polling activity to the Organizers, who shall randomly select fifty (50) persons who have sent in correct and complete SMS casting their votes for each of the Categories ("Winner(s)"). Each Winner will win DVD hampers sponsored by the Organizer ("Prize"). Viacom18 shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever in choosing the Winner(s) of the Poll , awarding Prizes to such Winner(s) and choosing the awards winners of the Categories from the nominations. No claims in this regard shall be entertained by Viacom18 andany communication in this regard should directly be settled with the Organizers.
- It is expressly stated herein that unclear SMS and/or entry, incomplete SMS and/or entry/vote, SMS containing wrong characters, faulty SMS etc. will not be considered and shall be considered as invalid entry.
- All the entries should state all the required information, which have been asked from them.
Voting Rules and Regulations
- The Organizers reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing rules without prior notice.
- The person interested in participating in the Poll must be above the age of 18 years and a resident of India.
- The person in whose name the mobile number (from which the message is sent) is registered with a network operator shall be construed to have sent the SMS. Consequently, the Winner(s) whose name the mobile number (from which the message is sent) is registered with a network operator shall be entitled to the Prize.
- The Winner(s) must submit with the Organizers a copy of the last two bills issued by the network operator as a proof that the mobile number is registered in the name of the Winner(s) and such other documents that could be furnished as proof that the mobile number is registered in the Winner(s) name.
- Proof of age is a must for the person voting in this Poll and must be submitted to Organizers (i.e., Birth Certificate, 10th Class leaving Certificate/ School certificate/ passport/ an affidavit signed by a magistrate), as and when called upon.
- Non-conformance by any person and/or the Winner(s) of the rules of the Poll will disqualify them from participation or winnings, immediately, as the case may be.
- Viacom18 and/or Organizers and its employees have not given a guarantee and/or warranty etc. regarding quality and/or durability of the Prize.
- The Winner(s) of the Poll agrees that he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with the Organizers and participate in any activity and/or campaign ("Promotional Activity") of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to the Winner(s). Further, the Winner(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever. The Winner(s) agrees that the footage of any nature with regard to the Winner(s) shall vest with Organizers, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
- The person(s) cannot exchange the Prize for another item or cash equivalent. If the Winner(s) refuses to accept the Prize awarded, the Organizers shall be released from all obligations towards the Winner(s) in connection to the Prize won by the Winner(s). Further, after forfeiting the Prize, Organizers shall be entitled to randomly select and declare another Winner(s), as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to that Winner(s).
- The Winner(s) shall be solely responsible to collect the Prize. The Winner(s) agrees that he/she shall not hold Viacom18/Organizers and/or its employees, responsible for delays in delivery due to shortage of stocks from the suppliers of the Prize or damage during transit or any problem in connection to the Prize. The Winner(s) further agrees that he/she shall not hold responsible Viacom18/Organizers, in the event, the Winner(s) fails to take possession of the Prize within days from the date of intimation to the Winner(s) to collect the Prize, for reasons whatsoever. In such an event, the Winner(s) right to the Prize shall be forfeited. Further, after forfeiting the Prize(s), Organizers shall be entitled to randomly select and declare another Winner(s), as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to that Winner.
- By participating in the Poll, it shall be deemed to be construed that the person(s)/Winner(s) has waived his/her right to dispute the value of the Prize so awarded to the Winner(s) upon winning the Poll. If the Winner(s) refuses to accept the Prize offered, the Organizers shall be released from all obligations towards the Winner(s) in connection to the Prize won by the Winner(s).
- By participating in the Poll, it shall be construed that the person(s) has agreed that the person(s) shall hold harmless the Organizers/Viacom18, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by the person(s), in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the CoPoll and that the person(s) has waived all rights to file in person or through any family member or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against the Viacom18 and/or Organizer to claim any damages or reliefs.
- The Winner(s) agrees that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of the Organizer, the Prize and/or anything in connection to the Prize and/or the enjoyment of the Prize becomes ineffective or invalid, the Organizers cannot be held responsible for the same.
- The Organizers and/or Viacom18 is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, death, mental trauma caused to the Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to the Poll and/or Prize.
Employees of Viacom18 and/or the Organizer, and the members of their immediate family, persons with criminal convictions, persons other than citizens of India, are ineligible to enter the Poll.
- Participation of the person(s) in the Poll shall be construed that the person has waived his/her right to dispute any decision(s) made by Organizer in connection to the Poll and that the person(s) agrees to all the decision(s) made by Organizer-- that all the decision shall be final and binding upon him.
- Organizer reserve the right to forfeit the Prize in the event it is found by Organizer that any information provided by the person(s) or the Winner(s) is wrong or any misrepresentation is made by the person(s) or the Winner(s). Organizer shall have the right to declare another person(s) as the Winner(s) of the Poll and transfer the Prize to that person.
- All person(s), the Winner(s), shall do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by the Organizer in its sole discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to Organizer herein.
- The participation of the person(s) in the Poll shall mean that the person(s) has read, understood, accepted and agrees to abide with all the rules including the general rules of the Poll.
- The person(s) shall comply with the laws of India.
- The terms of this rules and regulations shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and incase of any dispute or other matter arising in reference to the Poll shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by Organizer and shall be governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Mumbai, in English language. All the costs, charges and expenses in connection to the Arbitration shall be solely borne by the person(s) who has raised the dispute.
- Subject to rule 21, only the courts in Mumbai shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to decide on any dispute relating to the Poll.